Office of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (OIE)
About the Office of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Housed within the U.S. Economic Development Administration, the Office of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (OIE) works to foster a more innovative U.S. economy focused on turning new ideas and inventions into products and technologies that spur job growth and competitiveness while promoting economic development.
We know that the nation that goes all-in on innovation today will own the global economy tomorrow. This is an edge America cannot surrender.
- President Barack Obama, 2014 State of the Union Address
Created by former Secretary of Commerce Gary Locke and made official by Congress through the America Competes Act of 2010, the OIE:
- Promotes and supports high-growth entrepreneurship.
- Accelerates commercialization of federally funded research.
- Works with other agencies and the White House to collaborate on policies and programs to support entrepreneurship and commercialization.
- Supports the National Advisory Council on Innovation and Entrepreneurship (NACIE), which is chaired by the Secretary of Commerce.
- Leads the $15 million 2014 Regional Innovation Strategies Program competition. *New Updates!*
Our job is simply to help create the conditions that foster America’s entrepreneurial spirit.
- U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker.
E-mail inquiries: email@example.com