EDA CARES Act Recovery Assistance
EDA Launches $25 million SPRINT Challenge to enable organizations across the
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, signed into law by President Donald J. Trump, provides the Economic Development Administration (EDA) with $1.5 billion for economic development assistance programs to help communities prevent, prepare for, and respond to coronavirus.
EDA CARES Act Recovery Assistance, which is being administered under the authority of the bureau’s flexible Economic Adjustment Assistance (EAA) (PDF) program, provides a wide-range of financial assistance to communities and regions as they respond to and recover from the impacts of the pandemic.
On May 7, 2020, Secretary Wilbur Ross made EDA’s CARES Act Recovery Assistance funding available with the announcement that EDA had published an Addendum to its FY 2020 Public Works and Economic Adjustment Assistance Notice of Funding Opportunity. EDA intends to deploy its CARES Act funding as quickly, effectively, and efficiently as possible, and in a manner that meets communities needs.
- EDA CARES Act Recovery Assistance Frequently Asked Questions
- EDA CARES Act Recovery Assistance Frequently Asked Questions (Printable .PDF)
- U.S. Department of Commerce Announces Availability of $1.5 Billion in CARES Act Funds to Aid Communities Impacted by the Coronavirus Pandemic (press release)
- EDA CARES Act Overview Webinar Recording
- EDA CARES Act Non-Competitive Awards Overview Webinar Recording
- Eligibility of Destination Marketing Organizations for EDA Assistance/Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- FY 2020 Scaling Pandemic Resilience Through Innovation and Technology (SPRINT) Challenge
- Economic Development Integrator Federal Assistance for Economic Development
- Economic Development Integrator Regional Contact Information
- Latest CARES Act Press Releases
- CARES Act Recovery Assistance External News Clips
- CARES Act Job Postings
- EDA regional office contacts
Economic Development Districts and Indian Tribes Resources
- Scope of Work for EDA Economic Development Districts and EDA Indian Tribe Planning Grant Recipients*
- Specific Award Conditions: Economic Development Districts and Indian Tribes*
Revolving Loan Fund Resources
- Specific Award Conditions: Revolving Loan Fund Awards*
- EDA’s CARES Act Recovery Assistance Revolving Loan Fund Award Flexibilities Frequently Asked Questions
University Centers Resources
- Scope of Work for University Center Grantees*
- Specific Award Conditions: University Centers*
- EDA University Center COVID-19 Resources
Other Federal Resources
* As stated in the CARES Act Recovery Assistance Addendum to the PWEAA NOFO, EDA may invite existing grantees, such as Economic Development Districts and Tribes currently in receipt of Partnership Planning awards, operators of existing EDA funded Revolving Loan Funds, and EDA-funded University Centers, to apply for supplemental awards. These standard Scopes of Work and Specific Award Conditions are for use with these supplemental awards only. Existing grantees who are eligible to apply for these awards will be contacted individually for instructions on how to apply.