As part of IMCP there are several online resources that are available to communities seeking to advance their local manufacturing economies. These resources are available to all communities, including those that have not applied for or received IMCP designation:
- The Top-Third Ranked Location Quotients for Establishments and Employment (XLS) tool is available to help communities determine if they are in the top 3rd nationally.
- The IMCP Census data tool permits communities to assess and track themselves as a manufacturing community. The tool gathers the most relevant U.S. Census Bureau economic and demographic data and presents it by county for six major areas, enabling assessments of regional business ecosystems. The tool also combines states and county data from multiple surveys and datasets into a single table for each assessment area Specific census data is available for:
- Manufacturing/Supply Chains, including data on number and size of manufacturing and supply chain firms.
- Workforce/Training, including data on local workforce assets, including wages and skills, which can be used to better understand human resource challenges, such as training needs.
- Research and Innovation, including data on educational attainment and human capital, as well as links to resources to help assess a community’s research assets and capacity to innovate.
- Community/Manufacturing Infrastructure, including data and links on regional physical infrastructure and logistical services that can support manufacturing.
- Trade/Investment, including data on regional trade and investment flows to identify potential markets.
- Operations/Capital, including data on business operational costs and local capital to improve business efficiency and investment opportunities.
- A “playbook” that identifies existing Federal planning grant and technical assistance resources and catalogues best practices in economic development. Following the playbook's three-step approach can help communities to attract and expand manufacturing business and workforce opportunities.
- IMCP Applicant Webinar 07-31-2014 (PPTX)