Housed within the U.S. Economic Development Administration, the Office of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (OIE) works to foster a more innovative U.S. economy focused on turning new ideas and inventions into products and technologies that spur job growth and competitiveness while promoting economic development.
Made official by Congress through the America Competes Act of 2010, the OIE:
- Promotes and supports high-growth entrepreneurship.
- Accelerates commercialization of federally funded research.
- Works with other agencies and the White House to collaborate on policies and programs to support entrepreneurship and commercialization.
- Supports the National Advisory Council on Innovation and Entrepreneurship (NACIE), which is chaired by the Secretary of Commerce.
- Leads the Regional Innovation Strategies Program. *New Updates! (1/11/2017)*
E-mail inquiries: email@example.com