Accelerate R2 Network Challenge
Accelerate R2 Network Challenge (PDF)
(Click to open)
EDA, in collaboration with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet), is seeking applications from eligible parties to create a nationwide network or networks of organizations working to address the nation’s most pressing disaster response and resiliency (R2) challenges with innovative technologies. The Accelerate R2 Network Challenge seeks to connect stakeholders engaged in:
- Response innovation – innovation in the communications, technology, and equipment first responders use when responding to disasters and events
- Resiliency innovation – finding new ways to build, protect, and connect networks and infrastructure to help communities recover and build readiness and resilience in the face of future disasters
The application process involves two phases: a pre-application Letter of Intent and a Full Application. Applicants are strongly encouraged (but not required) to submit a Letter of Intent, which program staff will review and provide feedback to encourage or discourage a Full Application. Full Applications will be encouraged only for Letters of Intent that align with program goals and priorities set forth in the NOFO.
Letter of Intent Deadline: January 8, 2020
Full Application Deadline: March 11, 2020
- Notice of Funding Opportunity - 2020 Accelerate R2 Network Challenge
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (PDF)
- Informational Webinar - November 20, 2019
- Full Application Information Webinar – February 12, 2020 **NEW**
To stay up-to-date on the latest innovation and entrepreneurship program news, including announcements of any future funding opportunities, please check OIE's Highlights page regularly and sign up for EDA’s newsletter.