- 3/14/19 (social media post) – On behalf of the U.S. Department of Commerce, EDA is the designated leader of the Economic Recovery Support Function (ERSF) under the Federal Government’s Natural Disaster Recovery Framework (NDRF). In this role, EDA facilitates the effective delivery of federal economic development assistance to support long-term economic recovery planning and project implementation, economic diversification and economic resiliency. This week, ESRF-related meetings were conducted in several disaster-impacted counties in Florida (Calhoun, Bay, Gulf and Liberty Counties) to learn about local recovery concerns and issues. This information is being used by EDA to help match local problems and needs with resources available from federal and state agencies.
Officials from Calhoun County, Florida, share recovery concerns and issues during ESRF-related meetings that were conducted in several disaster-impacted counties in Florida this week.
- 3/11/19 (success story) - Following the Butte Fire of 2015, Calaveras County, the California Association for Local Economic Development and the Calaveras Chamber of Commerce collaborated to establish the Calaveras Business Resource Center. EDA was pleased to partner on this project.
- 3/6/19 (grant announcement coverage) - EDA DAS-RA Dennis Alvord visited the U.S. Virgin Islands to announce $27 million in EDA grants to expand and improve the major airports in St. Thomas and St. Croix in the wake of Hurricanes Irma and Maria. According to grantee estimates, the projects are expected to help retain 179 jobs, create up to 158 jobs, and generate $6.1 million in private investment. EDA Press release. Associated Press (AP) Coverage.
EDA DAS-RA Dennis Alvord is joined by USVI Governor Bryan for the EDA Grant Announcement
Cyril E. King Airport, St. Thomas USVI from above.
- 2/28/19 (social media post) - Resilient Apalachee Workshops/Day 3: In Blountstown, Fla., officials from Calhoun, Jackson, & Liberty counties work with Fed and state reps to address revitalization of the local economy following the aftermath of Hurricane Michael in 2018. Twitter post.
- 2/28/19 (article) - Three counties in east Arkansas receive disaster mitigation funds (AR)
- 2/28/19 (article) - Input from Local Businesses Needed (FL)
- 2/28/19 (article) - New Research Center Planned for Port Aransas (TX)
Corpus Christi Business News
- 2/28/19 (article) - How the flooding flows: Study reveals patterns in northern Wisconsin (WI)
- 2/27/19 (social media post) - Resilient Apalachee Workshops/Day 2: Franklin & Gulf Cty., Fed/state and IEDC officials discuss opportunities for diversifying the local industry base, providing affordable housing and the way forward in rebuilding local economies. Twitter post.
- 2/26/19 (social media post) - The first "Resilient Apalachee Workshop" hosted by the Apalachee Regional Planning Council & EDA in Tallahassee, FL, Feb. 25. The forum, allowed perspective sharing on economic recovery and the recovery gaps existing in communities hardest hit by Hurricane Michael.
- 1/21/19 (news report) - VIDEO: County, Feds Fund Eruption Recovery Planning (HI)
Big Island Video News