Economic Recovery Corps Program
EDA is currently seeking a Network Operator (an organization or coalition) to build, launch, and operate the Economic Recovery Corps program, which will embed Fellows in local economic development organizations across the country.
As communities and organizations face depleted institutional resources, many are unable to develop and grow their staff to the level needed to fully execute their economic development plans and goals. The Economic Recovery Corps would strengthen the connectivity and capacity of regional economic development ecosystems, which will, in turn, result in a stronger national economic development recovery framework and infrastructure.
The Economic Recovery Corps program funds a Network Operator to recruit and place at least 50 Fellows in economic development organizations in underserved communities throughout the nation. Note: EDA is not recruiting Fellows. These Fellows will provide technical assistance, enabling underserved communities to better access funding and participate in economic development initiatives through preparation, training, and implementation support. Both the Network Operator and Fellows will generate and share knowledge and insights across local economies to accelerate the adoption of equitable economic development practices.
Click here to see the Notice of Funding Opportunity that was published on June 16, 2022. The deadline to apply is August 5, 2022.
Who should apply to be a Network Operator?
EDA seeks applications for a Network Operator from organizations (or a coalition of organizations) that possess the expertise to create a well-structured, feasible, and scalable fellowship plan. The Network Operator should have expertise in running a fellowship, volunteer, or intern program. They should also have experience providing advanced economic development training and technical assistance to underserved populations (PDF).
Eligible applicants for an Economic Recovery Corps award include:
- District organizations;
- Indian Tribes or a consortium of Indian Tribes;
- States, counties, cities, or other political subdivisions of a State, including a special purpose unit of a State or local government engaged in economic or infrastructure development activities, or a consortium of political subdivisions;
- Institutions of higher education or a consortium of institutions of higher education; or
- Public or private non-profit organization or association, including labor unions, acting in cooperation with officials of a political subdivision of a State.
Funding Opportunity Details
A Network Operator will work collaboratively with EDA in a 5-year cooperative agreement. The award—ranging from $20 million to $25 million—will be allocated by September 30, 2022.
- June 16: Notice of Funding Opportunity published
- June 23: 1:30 p.m. ET: Application webinar (Slides PDF)
- July 7: 12:00 p.m. ET: Fireside Chat with EDA and NSF
- August 5: Applications due
- October 2022: Award announced
- Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Economic Recovery Corps One Pager (PDF)
- Milestone, Budget, & Staffing Plan Template (XLSX)
- Economic Recovery Corps Program Overview Webinar
- Slides (PDF)
- Economic Recovery Corps Fireside Chat
If you have any questions or comments about EDA’s Economic Recovery Corps, please contact email@example.com.