March 17 - 23, 2023
EDA announced three investments from March 17-23, 2023, totaling $1,660,000, which is matched by $1,540,000 in local investments. These investments include the following: (1) $200,000 in one Economic Adjustment Assistance project to help communities design and implement strategies to adjust or bring about change to their economy in response to structural damage to their underlying economic base; (2) $1,250,000 in one Public Works project to help communities revitalize, expand, and upgrade their physical infrastructure that will help create 400 jobs and leverage $40,000,000 in private investment; and (3) $210,000 in one Partnership Planning project to support the development and implementation of the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy process.
- $200,000 in one Economic Adjustment Assistance project, matched by $200,000 in local investment, as follows:
- $200,000, matched by $200,000 in local investment, to the Texoma Council of Governments, Sherman/Grayson County, Texas, to support the development of a regional business retention and expansion plan to build regional economic resiliency and capacity in counties, communities and businesses located in Cooke, Fannin and Grayson Counties, Texas and Bryan, Love and Marshall Counties, Oklahoma. Through implementation of the Texoma Business Disaster Mitigation Plan (BDMP), the project will target, prepare and incentivize industries and clusters that align with the planned approach to resiliency and sustainability. Once completed, the plan will help prepare businesses to remain resilient through any disaster and provide a pipeline of skilled workers to enhance the advancement of economic resiliency throughout the region
- $1,250,000 in one Public Works project, matched by $1,250,000 in local investment, as follows:
- $1,250,000, matched by $1,250,000 in local investment, to the City of Greenville, Greenville/Hunt County, Texas, to support the construction of roadway improvements needed to expand the region’s critical aerospace sector in Hunt, Delta, Hopkins and Lamar Counties, Texas. The project will construct a new roadway alignment for the existing Majors Road at Greenville Municipal Airport – Majors Field – to attract new businesses and help existing businesses expand their operations. Once completed, the project will bolster job creation, increase economic opportunities for the community, and recruit new industries into the area, which will advance economic resiliency throughout the region and spur private investment. The grantee estimates that this investment will help create 400 jobs and leverage $40,000,000 in private investment.
- $210,000 in one Partnership Planning project, matched by $90,000 in local investment, to the Great Northern Development Inc., Wolf Point/Roosevelt County, Montana, to support the development and implementation of a comprehensive economic development strategy (CEDS). The CEDS process is designed to bring together the public and private sectors in the creation of an economic development roadmap to diversify and strengthen the regional economy.