March 25-April 6, 2023
EDA announced three investments from March 25-April 6, totaling $2,696,000, which is matched by $1,828,344 in local investments. These investments include the following: (1) $1,186,000 in one Economic Adjustment Assistance project to help communities design and implement strategies to adjust or bring about change to their economy in response to structural damage to their underlying economic base that will help create 255, save 560 jobs, and leverage $34,000,000 in private investments; (2) $1,300,000 in one Public Works project to help communities revitalize, expand, and upgrade their physical infrastructure that will help create 40 jobs and leverage $29,800,000 in private investment; and (3) $210,000 in one Partnership Planning project to support the development and implementation of the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy process.
- $1,186,000 in one Economic Adjustment Assistance project, matched by $1,186,000 in local investment, as follows:
- $1,186,000, matched by $1,186,000, to the City of Jasper/Patoka Lake Regional Water and Sewer District, Jasper/Dubois County, Indiana, to support the construction of water infrastructure improvements to support local business growth along with job creation and retention efforts in Dubois County. The project will support construction of a new backup water supply connection necessary for local businesses, including those associated with the region’s vital wood products manufacturing cluster, to expand operations. Once completed, the project will provide businesses in Jasper with the reliable water service they need to grow and thrive, which will strengthen the regional economy and provide long-term sustainable economic growth. The grantees estimate that this investment will help create 225 jobs, save 560 jobs, and leverage $34,000,000 in private investment.
- $1,300,000 in one Public Works project, matched by $552,344 in local investment, as follows:
- $1,300,000, matched by $552,344 in local investment, to the Paris Economic Development Corporation, Paris/Lamar County, Texas, to support the construction of road and drainage improvements in the Northwest Industrial Park to help meet business demands in Lamar County. These park improvements will bring a major revitalization for the area, which will help serve future developments. Once completed, the project will help increase future expansions of existing businesses, bolster job creation, spur private investment and advance economic resiliency throughout the region. The grantee estimates that this investment will help create 40 jobs and leverage $29,800,000 in private investment.
- $210,000 in one Partnership Planning project (listed below), matched by $90,000 in local investment, to support the development and implementation of a comprehensive economic development strategy (CEDS). The CEDS process is designed to bring together the public and private sectors in the creation of an economic development roadmap to diversify and strengthen the regional economy.
- Southeastern Utah EDD, Price/Carbon County, UT (210,000/90,000)