May 19 - 31, 2023
EDA announced three investments from May 19-31, 2023, totaling $3,017,680, which is matched by $904,592 in local investments. These investments include the following: (1) $200,000 in one Economic Adjustment Assistance project to help communities design and implement strategies to adjust or bring about change to their economy in response to structural damage to their underlying economic base; and (2) $2,817,680 in two Public Works projects to help communities revitalize, expand, and upgrade their physical infrastructure that will help create 135 jobs, save 27 jobs, and leverage $37,000,000 in private investments.
- $200,000 in one Economic Adjustment Assistance project, matched by $200,000 in local investment, as follows:
- $200,000, matched by $200,000 in local investment, to the Three Sisters Kitchen, Albuquerque/Bernalillo County, New Mexico, to support the establishment of a pre-planning design development strategy to help continue and finalize researching, evaluating, and conceptually designing a Downtown Local Food Campus in Albuquerque. The project will help build resilient and sustainable local growers and manufactured food producers throughout the central New Mexican area, which will create jobs, enable business expansion, and increase business attraction opportunities throughout the region.
- $2,817,680 in two Public Works projects, matched by $704,592 in local investments, as follows:
- $2,437,680, matched by $609,420 in local investment, to the Craig Field Airport and Industrial Authority, Selma/Dallas County, Alabama, to fund the renovation of two existing buildings needed to support the remote air traffic control academy at Craig Field in Dallas County. The project will support the Craig Field Airport and Industrial Authority by providing classroom and dormitory space for the academy. The renovations will include flooring replacement, electrical system upgrades, window replacement, and painting. Once completed, the improvements will lead to the creation of jobs, attract private investment, and support business development throughout the region. The grantee estimates that this investment will help create 119 jobs and leverage $7,000,000 in private investment.
- $380,000, matched by $95,172 in local investment, to the Lake Providence Port Commission, Lake Providence/East Carroll County, Louisiana, to support the construction of a third lane at the existing Port Road located near the northeastern entrance of Lake Providence Port in East Carroll County. The third lane addition will provide a middle turn lane for use by inbound heavy trucks and will allow traffic to proceed without delay, reduce bottlenecks along the access road and mitigate possible traffic hazards/accidents. Once completed, the project will help bolster job creation, attract private investment, and advance economic resiliency throughout the region. The grantee estimates that this investment will help create 16 jobs, save 27 jobs, and leverage $30,000,000 in private investment.