February 24 - March 2, 2023
EDA announced three investments from February 24-March 2, 2023, totaling $413,460, which is matched by $282,912 in local investments. These investments include the following: (1) $203,460 in two Economic Adjustment Assistance projects to help communities design and implement strategies to adjust or bring about change to their economy in response to structural damage to their underlying economic base; and (2) $210,000 in one Partnership Planning project to support the development and implementation of the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy process.
- $203,460 in two Economic Adjustment Assistance projects, matched by $72,912 in local investments, as follows:
- $123,460, matched by $52,912 in local investment, to the Greater Waukegan Development Coalition, Waukegan/Lake County, Illinois, to support the Greater Waukegan Development Coalition with conducting a planning process that will result in an updated business plan for their existing incubator in Waukegan, Illinois. The project will assist the Coalition with creating a small business advisory committee, researching the potential market for small business services, and program design that will lead to the creation of new businesses and jobs throughout the region. Once implemented, the project will help increase the region’s capacity to grow new businesses that will attract private investment and strengthen the regional economy.
- $80,000 in 2018 Disaster Supplemental funding, matched by $20,000 in local investment, to the Meramec Regional Planning Commission, Saint James/Phelps County, Missouri, to support the establishment of an advisory committee to complete a feasibility study in Pulaski County, Missouri for a sports complex. The project will provide the foundation necessary to determine the viability of a large sports complex in the region and provide an opportunity for the region to diversify its tourism base. Expansion of the tourism base will allow the community to have a more resilient economy in the face of frequent disasters. In addition, the project will strengthen the regional economy and support economic growth throughout the region.
- $210,000 in one Partnership Planning project, matched by $210,000 in local investment, to support the development and implementation of a comprehensive economic development strategy (CEDS). The CEDS process is designed to bring together the public and private sectors in the creation of an economic development roadmap to diversify and strengthen the regional economy.
- Western Arkansas Planning & Development District, Ft. Smith/Sebastian County, AR ($210,000/$210,000)