March 3 - 9, 2023
EDA announced three investments from March 3-9, 2023, totaling $2,420,000, which is matched by $2,300,000 in local investments. These investments include the following: (1) $2,000,000 in one Economic Adjustment Assistance project to help communities design and implement strategies to adjust or bring about change to their economy in response to structural damage to their underlying economic base that will help create 253 jobs; and (2) $420,000 in two Partnership Planning projects to support the development and implementation of the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy process.
- $2,000,000 in one Economic Adjustment Assistance project, matched by $2,000,000 in local investment, as follows:
- $2,000,000, matched by $2,000,000 in local investment, to the Mid-State Technical College, Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, to support the development of the Colleges’s Advanced Manufacturing, Emerging Technology, and Apprenticeship Center. This will provide a training investement which is designed to sustain and grow multiple Wisconsin’s industries, including manufacturing and transportation, agriculture and food production, and forest products and paper. Also, the Center’s equipment is expected to help create new jobs in high-skill manufacturing jobs. Once completed, the project will help strengthen and diversify the regional economy, which will attract private investment, create jobs, and serve as a catalyst for regional economic growth. The grantee estimates that this investment will help create 253 jobs.
- $420,000 in two Partnership Planning projects, matched by $300,000 in local investments, to support the development and implementation of a comprehensive economic development strategy (CEDS). The CEDS process is designed to bring together the public and private sectors in the creation of an economic development roadmap to diversify and strengthen the regional economy.
- East Arkansas P&DD, Jonesboro/Craighead County, AR ($210,000/$90,000)
- Association of Central OK Govts., OK City/OK County, OK ($210,000/$210,000)