Resources for Tribes and Tribal Governments
President Joseph R. Biden Jr. signed the Presidential Memorandum on Tribal Consultation and Strengthening Nation to Nation Relationships. It directs federal agencies to work with Tribal Nations for the implementation of Executive Order 13175, Consultation and Coordination with Indian Tribal Governments (November 6, 2000).
EDA invites Tribal Leaders to consult on a proposed update to its regulations to expand Tribal eligibility to include for-profit Tribal entities that are wholly owned by and established for the benefit of the Tribe.
EDA recently held two virtual Tribal Consultations. Tribal Leaders or their direct proxies are invited to contribute feedback in response to both consultation dates. (Other Tribal organizations are welcome to view and listen to the presentations in a non-participatory role.) Links to the Tribal Consultation recordings can be found below.
- Please send written questions and comments via email to: EDAconsultations@eda.gov
- Comments may be addressed to Dennis Alvord, Acting Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Economic Development
- Please leave any voice messages by phone at: 202-482-5479
- The window for accepting comments has been extended. These feedback platforms will now be available until April 28, 2021
Our goal is the fulfillment of federal trust responsibilities and treaty obligations to Tribal Nations, the cornerstones of government-to-government policymaking.
- Dear Tribal Leader Letter (PDF)
- EDA Tribal Consultation Flyer (PDF)
- EDA Tribal Consultation Recording: April 16, 2021 at 3:00pm-4:30pm Eastern Daylight Time
- EDA Tribal Consultation Recording: April 19, 2021 at 2:00pm-3:30pm Eastern Daylight Time
- EDA Tribal Consultation Recording Slides (PPTX)