FY23 Disaster Talent Management Database
To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Therefore, to the extent a Federal job announcement includes the requirement that applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to E.O. 14043, that requirement does not currently apply. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine
EDA’s Disaster Recovery efforts will seek to support communities recovering from Hurricanes Fiona and Ian, major wildfires and floods, and other declared natural disasters between 2021-2022. EDA is seeking quality job applicants under special hiring authority. Check out our open positions here and apply today.
These positions are located in our Headquarters and Regional Offices or across their regions. Please note that employees hired under EDA’s FY23 Disaster Hiring Authority are hired as Schedule A employees into the excepted service for a period not to exceed two years which may be extended an additional 2 years.
Please submit a detailed resume (federal government format) and cover letter to EDACareer@eda.gov. The subject line of the email should specify:
- That this is a FY23 Disaster position;
- Title of position;
- Geographic location of the employment opportunity
(i.e., Atlanta Regional Office; Austin Regional Office; Chicago Regional Office, Denver Reginal Office; Philadelphia Regional Office; Seattle Regional Office; Washington DC Office).
Administrative positions are located in EDA Headquarters, Washington, DC. For Administrative positions that are not listed below (i.e. human resources, policy, procurement, etc.), subject line of the email should read as: Administrative (enter respective function, i.e. policy).
Economic Development Administration FY23 Disaster Positions
Location: Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Chicago, IL; Denver, CO; Philadelphia, PA; Seattle, WA; Washington, DC
The incumbent serves as an Attorney Advisor in EDA's Office of Chief Counsel (OCC). The incumbent ensures that EDA complies with applicable legal requirements imposed on its programs by statute, regulation, case law, Executive Order, OMB guidance, or controlling policy. As such, this attorney will be responsible for, among other things, the legal sufficiency of EDA grant or cooperative agreement investments made under Public Works and Economic Development Act of 1965 (42 U.S.C. 3121 et seq.), specifically EDA's disaster response authorities under sec. 209 of that Act (42 U.S.C. 3149). To fulfill that role, the incumbent maintains close client relations with Headquarters and Regional staff.
As an Attorney Advisor (Public Notice Flyer), you will perform the following duties:
- Support the Chief Counsel who serves as the primary individual responsible for legal and policy advice covering all aspects of EDA's operations and programs.
- Be proficient in conducting legal research and analyzing federal and state statutes, regulations, policies, and guidelines.
- Prepare legal opinions that include an analysis of facts and evidence, resolution of facts and legal issues, and recommendations for the client, as appropriate.
- Provide legal advice on a full range of issues relating to the agency's economic development assistance programs, the review of audits, contracts, grant applications and award documentation, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) inquiries, and other assigned tasks.
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Attorney Advisor (Public Notice Flyer) GS-0905-14/15 FPL: 15 positions within the Economic Development Administration in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
Location: Washington, DC
As a Budget Analyst (Public Notice Flyer), you will:
- Perform routine budget analysis functions in assigned areas including budget formulation, budget presentation-enactment, or budget execution.
- Have knowledge of budget methods, practices, procedures, regulations, and other guides.
- Assist in the preparation of budget estimates and justifications; interpreting 0MB directives and circulars; providing information and advice to program managers;
- Review bureau and office budget submissions for reasonableness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and guidelines; monitoring budget
- Recommend reprogramming of funds as needed.
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Budget Analyst (Public Notice Flyer) GS-0560-11/12 PFL: 13 positions within the Economic Development Administration in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.