FY23 Disaster Talent Management Database
To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Therefore, to the extent a Federal job announcement includes the requirement that applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to E.O. 14043, that requirement does not currently apply. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine
EDA’s Disaster Recovery efforts will seek to support communities recovering from Hurricanes Fiona and Ian, major wildfires and floods, and other declared natural disasters between 2021-2022. EDA is seeking quality job applicants under special hiring authority. Check out our open positions here and apply today.
These positions are located in our Headquarters and Regional Offices or across their regions. Please note that employees hired under EDA’s FY23 Disaster Hiring Authority are hired as Schedule A employees into the excepted service for a period not to exceed two years which may be extended an additional 2 years.
Please submit a detailed resume (federal government format) and cover letter to EDACareer@eda.gov. The subject line of the email should specify:
- That this is a FY23 Disaster position;
- Title of position;
- Geographic location of the employment opportunity
(i.e., Atlanta Regional Office; Austin Regional Office; Chicago Regional Office, Denver Reginal Office; Philadelphia Regional Office; Seattle Regional Office; Washington DC Office).
Administrative positions are located in EDA Headquarters, Washington, DC. For Administrative positions that are not listed below (i.e. human resources, policy, procurement, etc.), subject line of the email should read as: Administrative (enter respective function, i.e. policy).
Economic Development Representative
Location: Seattle, WA
Announcement number: EDA-SRO-23-12058829-PNF
Closing Date: 8/1/2023
As a Economic Development Representative (Public Notice Flyer), you will:
- Develop and implement significant new program strategies;
- Analyze key business and industry policy questions and contribute to significant agency decisions, policy recommendations and positions.
- Plan and manage the delivery of high-priority economic development products and services which are central to the objectives of the Economic Development Administration.
- Work closely with our Federal and non-Federal partners for the purpose of revitalizing, expanding, and upgrading distressed communities' physical infrastructure in order to attract new industry, encourage business expansion and generate or retain long-term private sector jobs and investment.
- Serve as a technical authority for EDA and authoritatively and independently handle a broad range of programmatic areas and functions where the incumbent will apply their knowledge of the theories, dynamics and factors underlying economic development programs.
- Brief EDA grant recipients and applicants (distressed communities, economic development agencies and organizations, public officials and civic leaders on EDA programs, funding opportunities, regulations, guidelines and investment activities.
- Serve in an advisory capacity with the investment applicants and recipients and provide them with comprehensive technical and financial guidance to assure maximum and timely impact and results from EDA economic development investments.
- Prepare and present reports and informational briefings and status updates to the Area Director regarding program investment pipelines, applications, allocation management, Investment Review Committee actions, application approvals and post-approval monitoring and important issues as well as how the area team is meeting all Operational Guidance requirements.
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Economic Development Representative (Public Notice Flyer) GS-1101-13 positions within the Economic Development Administration in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.