Regional Technology and Innovation Hubs (Tech Hubs)
To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Therefore, to the extent a Federal job announcement includes the requirement that applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to E.O. 14043, that requirement does not currently apply. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine
The Tech Hubs program is an economic development initiative that leverages existing R&D strengths and technology demonstration and deployment capacities (public and private) within a region to drive technology- and innovation-centric growth and to catalyze the creation of good jobs for American workers at all skill levels equitably and inclusively. EDA is seeking quality job applicants under special hiring authority. Check out our open positions here and apply today. Employees hired under EDA’s Tech Hubs Hiring Authority are hired as Schedule A employees into the excepted service for a period not to exceed two years which may be extended an additional 2 years.
Program Director (1 Position)
Location: Washington, D.C.
Program Implementation Oversight: Oversee the strategy and implementation of all assigned program.
- Conduct outreach to build awareness, educate and provide technical assistance to potential applicants, particularly those from underserved communities;
- Develop and implement a grant review process to review and evaluate application and select awardees in a transparent, consistent manner;
- Announce awardee for the various grants, as well as appropriately notifying all applicants of their status, including informing key stakeholders (e.g., Congress, other federal agencies).
- Provide technical assistance to applicants and awardees to ensure maximum participation in EDA programs
Project Management: Effectively run a project management team and office that will continually have a pulse on the status, metrics, success, issues, barriers, etc. of the various programs.
- Regularly maintain an up-to-date dashboard on the key metrics to monitor progress and potential issues for the programs;
- Appropriate action to address issues or escalating issues with the implementation of any programs;
- Effectively coordinate grant management processes and decisions across programs.
- Ensure all grant funds are distributed in a timely and effective manner.
Team Management: Oversee and manage a team of up to 10 direct reports and coordinate with a team to effectively implement EDA's programs.
- Effectively work with and assign tasks to indirect reports.
Outreach and Communications: Oversee the outreach and communications strategy and implementation for the programs.
- Manage the team that will execute the outreach and communications plan
- Ensure outreach and communications aligns with overall priorities.
- Ensure outreach and communications is designed to reach historically underserved communities.
Management & Program Analyst (2 Positions)
Location: Washington, D.C.
As a Management & Program Analyst (Public Notice Flyer), you will:
- Support the design, creation, and evaluation of federal grant programs.
- Serve as technical advisor for assigned program activities, obtaining appropriate resources to facilitate accomplishment of objectives.
- Conduct programmatic analyses and in-depth reviews of grant and cooperative agreement proposals and modifications for program alignment, consistency, and conformity with EDA policy.
- Make recommendations for the development or modification of program objectives and resource utilization to achieve the established goals, and to improve the performance of operating programs.
- Plans and/or directs complex projects requiring evaluation and identification of a variety of operational problems, evaluating alternative solutions and recommending appropriate action.
- Prepare and/or conduct briefings for higher level management to explain the specific analysis of subject matter, as well as to provide recommendations or action plans and provide guidance and/or direction for implementation.
- Manage, track, and collect information on performance measurements and data while developing methods and practices to improve data quality and performance.
- Provide information and technical assistance to both internal and/or external stakeholders on appropriate areas including program parameters and evaluation criteria.
Customer Experience Strategist
Location: Washington, DC
Announcement number: EDA-OAS-23-12078193-PNF
Closing Date: 8/23/2023
The Customer Experience (CX) Strategist aligns CX strategy to EDA's mission, vision, core values and strategic priorities and mission. Through this position, EDA will cultivate relationships with customers and strategic business partners, uphold the highest standards of integrity, ensure positive customer journeys, and brand EDA as one of the most highly regarded service providers and professional consultants.
As a Customer Experience Strategist (CX) (Public Notice Flyer), you will:
- Possess an understanding of how core functional strategic components (governance, measurement, people, technology, service design, and process) fit together and implement a systemic and holistic approach to CX efforts. Map a theory of change between administrative efforts and the desired change, including appropriate ways to measure progress. Ability to successfully communicate the impact of good design to stakeholders and leadership with a variety of professional backgrounds.
- Apply design techniques in service of positive customer outcomes, which could include deep knowledge of design thinking, service design, content design, product design, behavioral science, ethnographic research, usability research, or accessibility assessment (including 508 standards) practices. The incumbent develops service procedures, policies and standards, service level agreements and plans to meet customers' needs and aligns with goals. Oversees and assists with the development of action plans, schedules, and milestones necessary to effectively forecast workload and strategic planning efforts. Oversees implementation of strategies to increase performance of service, products and overall customer experience.
- Monitor schedules to ensure acceptable service levels and completion of mission requirements. Produces and/or reviews reports and data visualizations that include categorization of customer inquiries to track trend patterns and identify opportunities for improvement. Determines causes of unfavorable trends and develops corrective actions. Ensures processes reflect a proactive approach to reduce, eliminate, automate, replace, or simplify the number of daily tasks and efforts EDA staff and/or program managers must manage, focusing on nonvalue-added administrative tasks. Oversees and ensures customer data are accurately entered into automated systems and databases.
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Customer Experience Strategist (CX) (Public Notice Flyer) GS-0301-9/11/12/13 FPL: 13 positions within the Economic Development Administration in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
Location: Washington, DC
Announcement number: EDA-OAS-23-12078166-PNF
Closing Date: 8/23/2023
As an Outreach Coordinator (Public Notice Flyer), you will perform the following duties:
- Overseeing outreach to stakeholders: Oversee the outreach efforts around programing, including but not limited to:
- Working closely with the program leads and the EDA public and legislative affairs team to create a strategy and system to build awareness, educate and provide technical assistance to potential applicants.
- Creating distinct strategies to reach a diverse set of stakeholders and issue areas of importance.
- Developing outreach and education materials, including but not limited to presentations, one-pagers, and frequently asked question documents.
- Planning, executing, and facilitating education and training events virtually and in person.
- Measurement and Evaluation: Develop and implement systems and processes to measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the outreach program. This includes but is not limited to:
- Developing metrics to track and monitor the participation and effectiveness of outreach efforts.
- Taking the data collected and package in a format for internal and external use.
- Stakeholder Management: Effectively build and maintain relationships, including through events, with key stakeholders relevant to programs to ensure they are appropriately engaged, including but limited to:
- Applicants and grantee organizations
- Special interest groups (e.g., minority-focused groups, economic development organizations, trade associations)
- Other offices and bureaus within Department of Commerce
- Other federal agencies
- Thought leaders and researchers
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Outreach Coordinator (Public Notice Flyer) GS-0301-13 positions within the Economic Development Administration in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.