Status Update on EDA’s American Rescue Plan Programs
Due to the high volume of applications and interest EDA has received for its six American Rescue Plan programs, EDA would like to provide a status update on its $3 billion American Rescue Plan Programs. EDA strongly recommends any entities actively working on an application to contact their local Economic Development Representative (EDR) to discuss their region s availability of funds.
Travel, Tourism, and Outdoor Recreation Program
January 31, 2022 marked the suggested deadline for EDA s competitive Travel, Tourism, and Outdoor Recreation program. EDA received application submissions well in excess of available appropriations, totaling $1.38 billion in demand across the country. This accounts for about 6 times the $240 million available through the competitive portion of this program. Due to the high volume of responses and EDA s limited available funds, EDA is no longer accepting applications for the Travel, Tourism, and Outdoor Recreation program.
If a community is currently working on an application that is eligible and responsive to the Travel, Tourism, and Outdoor Recreation program, the application may be eligible under EDA's other American Rescue Plan and regular programming. EDA encourages communities to connect with their local Economic Development Representative (EDR). EDRs can advise how to best move forward and if a project is suitable for other EDA funding opportunities, such as the Economic Adjustment Assistance or Indigenous Communities programs.
Economic Adjustment Assistance and Indigenous Communities Programs
Due to the high volume of applications, EDA strongly recommends that applicants contact their EDR to discuss their region s availability of funds. While the Notices of Funding Opportunity for the Economic Adjustment Assistance and Indigenous Communities programs advise to submit applications no later than March 31, 2022, EDA strongly recommends applicants to submit proposals as soon as possible for these programs.
Research & Networks Program
EDA is currently reviewing applications for $31 million in American Rescue Plan funding allocated to Research and Networks portion of the Statewide Planning, Research, and Networks program. EDA has determined that it has received no or limited applications addressing critical areas of research into the following EDA American Rescue Plan programs – Economic Adjustment Assistance (EAA); Indigenous Communities; Travel, Tourism & Outdoor Recreation; and Statewide Planning.
Please see this blog for more information. The deadline to apply for this program is 11:59 p.m. ET, March 11, 2022.
- Build Back Better Regional Challenge: Phase 1 finalists have been selected for the $1 billion Build Back Better Regional Challenge, and they are currently working on their Phase 2 proposals, which are due on March 15, 2022.
- Good Jobs Challenge: Applications for the $500 million Good Jobs Challenge are due by 11:59 p.m. ET on February 10, 2022.
- Statewide Travel, Tourism and Outdoor Recreation: EDA awarded $510 million in Statewide Travel, Tourism and Outdoor Recreation Grants in 2021.
- Competitive Travel, Tourism and Outdoor Recreation: As of 10:00 a.m. ET on February 10, 2022, EDA is no longer accepting applications for the competitive Travel, Tourism and Outdoor Recreation program due to high demand and limited availability of funding.
- Statewide Planning: EDA has also awarded the $59 million in Statewide Planning grants in 2021.