Revolving Loan Fund
Updated RLF Regulations
EDA recently published revisions to the regulations implementing the Public Works and Economic Development Act, which govern EDA’s Revolving Loan Fund (RLF) Program. The full text of the revisions is available here. The updated regulations took effect on January 2, 2018.
As a companion to the revised regulations, EDA has published a Notice in the Federal Register with the proposed metrics for assessing RLFs under a new Risk Analysis System. The full text of the Federal Register Notice is available here. The Notice summarizes the risk-based RLF Program measures, scoring criteria, and the effects of an RLF Recipient’s score. EDA seeks public comment on the proposed risk measures. Once finalized, EDA will publish the final measures on EDA’s website at https://www.eda.gov/rlf/.
On Thursday, December 14, 2017, at 1:00 p.m. Eastern, EDA held a public webinar to review the revised regulations and to provide an opportunity for interested parties to comment on the Risk Analysis System measures.
- Updated RLF Regulations – webinar slides (PDF)
- Updated RLF Regulations – webinar transcript (PDF)
- Updated RLF Regulations – audio recording
- Link to revised regulations: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2017/12/01/2017-25277/revolving-loan-fund-program-changes-and-general-updates-to-pweda-regulations
- Link to Risk Analysis System: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2017/12/01/2017-25276/implementation-of-revolving-loan-fund-risk-analysis-system
RLF Success Stories
- Mid-Columbia Economic Development District Gives Small Businesses a Boost with Revolving Loan Fund
- Kansas’ Thunder Struck Inc., Expands Thanks to EDA Revolving Loan Fund Program
- EDA Revolving Loan Fund Critical to the Success of Cedar Rapid’s Geonetric
- The River Valley Regional Commission Revolving Loan Fund Success
- Beachy Cream Organic Ice Cream, Santa Monica, California
- Hardware Hank, Ortonville, Minnesota
- Innovative Senior Solutions, Cordele, Georgia
- Kreinik Manufacturing Company, Parkersburg, West Virginia
- Trinity Hotel, Carlsbad, New Mexico
Locate Available Revolving Loan Fund Grantee's by State
Contact Mitchell Harrison for further information or RLF program questions, email@example.com.