EDA is excited to announce the FY 2020 Scaling Pandemic Resilience Through Innovation and Technology (SPRINT) Challenge. EDA is seeking applications from eligible organizations working to rapidly address the economic, health, and safety risks caused by the coronavirus pandemic through entrepreneurship and innovation.
This $25 million national competition is designed to support the development, creation, or expansion of programs that accelerate technology-based economic development in pursuit of vibrant, innovative economies and economic growth, and respond to the challenges caused by the coronavirus pandemic. SPRINT Challenge applications will be awarded under the EDA’s Economic Adjustment Assistance (EAA) program, which is authorized under Section 209 of the Public Works and Economic Development Act of 1965 (PWEDA) (42 U.S.C. § 3149).
Applicant organizations should articulate a clearly defined strategy to leverage grant funds to support one or more of the following activities to help address the needs of and unique operating environment necessitated by the coronavirus pandemic:
- Scaling biotechnology, health security, and supply chain technologies to market
- Increasing regional, national, and government connectivity to support commercialization and entrepreneurship
- Developing new and unique investment capital models to address the financial needs of entrepreneurs
- Developing and scaling entrepreneurship support models to address the virtual and remote work environment of the pandemic
Applications are due Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 11:59 pm EST
- FY 2020 SPRINT Challenge NOFO (PDF)
- FY 2020 SPRINT Challenge FAQs (PDF)
- SPRINT Challenge Overview (PDF)
- SPRINT Informational Webinar
- SPRINT Technical Webinar with NADO and SSTI
- Optional Budget Template (PDF)
- FY 2020 SPRINT Challenge Full Application on Grants.gov
- SPRINT Challenge Application Checklist (PDF)
Join the conversation on social media using the hashtag #SPRINTChallenge
To stay up-to-date on the latest innovation and entrepreneurship program news, including announcements of any future funding opportunities, please check OIE's Highlights page regularly and sign up for EDA’s newsletter.