All Open Opportunities
Hiring Program: FY23 Disaster
Location: Denver, CO
This position requires Civil Engineers with a wide range of engineering and project management responsibilities. The incumbent will play a major role on a multi- disciplined team making recommendations to the Area Director regarding technical project feasibility and merits, and regarding all aspects of the construction of multi-million-dollar projects, including management of development and implementation of strategies that anticipate customer needs, and the execution of vital change initiatives.
As a Civil Engineer (Public Flyer Notice), you will:
- Be responsible for construction project management; ensure conformance with acceptable engineering standards and all statuary and regulatory requirements;
- Recommend appropriate action, to include changes to the EDA project scope of work; arrange for and participate in pre-construction conferences with representatives of the recipient and the construction contractors, outlining the duties of each during the construction and warranty period and explaining EDA policies and requirements to be followed in the implementation of projects;
- Review recipients' final construction plans and cost estimates and other related documents for compliance with EDA policies and procedures;
- Approve project scope according to applicable local, state, and federal codes and statutes; and
- Monitor recipients' compliance with all applicable procedures and requirements which are prerequisite to solicitation of bids including, but not limited to, the requirements of Section 106 of PL 89-136, the Relocation Assistance Act, Flood Insurance Act, Clean Air Act, Davis-Bacon and related Acts, Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order PL 90-480 concerning design of buildings for handicapped persons and all pertinent sections of the latest edition of EDA's Summary of Standards.
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Civil Engineer (Public Flyer Notice) GS-0810-9/11/12 FPL: 12 positions within the Economic Development Administration in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.