EDA Funding for 2017 Disasters
Under the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 (PL 115-123) (PDF), Congress appropriated to EDA $600 million in additional Economic Adjustment Assistance (EAA) Program funds for disaster relief and recovery as a result of Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, wildfires and other calendar year 2017 natural disasters under the Stafford Act.
Notice of Funding Opportunity
EDA is awarding $587 million in grants to eligible entities to address economic challenges in disaster-impacted areas. These grants will support disaster recovery activities in areas receiving a major disaster designation as a result of Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, Maria, and wildfires and other 2017 natural disasters. EDA disaster grants will be made by regional offices under the Economic Adjustment Assistance (EAA) program, which can support a wide range of construction and non-construction activities. Through this program, EDA can support disaster recovery planning strategies as well as the implementation of disaster recovery projects. Projects, among other things, must have a nexus to applicable disaster recovery and resilience efforts and be consistent with at least one of the DOC Disaster Recovery Investment Priorities. EDA plans to accept proposals on a rolling basis until all funds are obligated.
- Video from the 5/17 Disaster Supplemental NOFO webinar.
- U.S. Department of Commerce Announces Availability of $587 Million to Aid Communities Impacted by Natural Disasters in 2017 (Press Release)
- Read the official Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO)
- FY2018 Disaster Supplemental Brochure (PDF)
NOTICE OF FUNDING OPPORTUNITY RESOURCES AND CONTACTS
- EDA’s Disaster Supplemental FAQ sheet, revised 8/17/18 (PDF)
- FY 2018 EDA Disaster Supplemental Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) Fact Sheet (PDF)
- U.S. Department of Commerce Disaster Recovery Investment Priorities
- FEMA Disaster Declarations Summary Table (csv) - Please check the Incident Type, Incident Begin Date and Incident End Date dates to locate eligible disasters occurring in 2017.
- A searchable FEMA database of Major Declared Disasters
- EDA and Disaster Recovery and Resilience Resources
- Read EDA's Disaster Recovery Press Releases
- If you have specific questions about the grant process, please contact your regional offices
- Please visit EDA’s website for more information on EDA